Mrs Udaya Samarakkody
Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatric Urologist & Laparoscopic Surgeon
Udaya offers the entire range of paediatric surgery, paediatric urology and minimal access surgery. She is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Honorary Fellow of the College of Surgeons of Sri Lanka.
Her achievements and involvement in the community has involved:
- Paediatric surgeon in Hamilton since 1996
- Director of Paediatric surgery at Waikato Hospital, Hamilton 2002-2011.
- Honorary senior clinical lecturer in paediatric surgery, Waikato Clinical School of University of Auckland. Peter Rothwell Teaching Excellence Award 2019, Distinguished Teacher Award 2020
- NZ representative of Australasian Association of Paediatric surgeons (AAPS) 2000-2004
- Secretary, New Zealand Society of Paediatric surgeons, 1999 & 2000
- Secretary, Perinatal Society of New Zealand, 2002-2006
- President NZ Society of Paediatric Surgeons 2010-2013
- Chairman of the Waikato Senior Medical Staff Association 2019-2021
- Secretary, Waikato Postgraduate Medicine Inc, 2002 to date
- Australia and New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- British Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- International Paediatric Endosurgical Group
- New Zealand Society of Paediatric Surgeons (founder member)
- Perinatal Society of New Zealand
- Waikato Postgraduate Medicine Inc.
- Paediatric urology
- Minimal access surgery (key hole surgery)